Current LACC students have 24/7 access to over 180,000 eBooks. Use the widget below to browse our collection or click the link to open the eBooks Collection in a new window.
France or French French drama French literature
French art French history French opera
French culture French language French politics and society
Subject Headings: Categories:
Artists--France--History--19th century ART / European
French drama--18th century--History and criticism ART / History / General
Painting, French--19th century Impressionism (Art) BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Philosophy, French LANGUAGE STUDY / French
HISTORY / Europe / France
A brief guide provided by EBSCO on how to search for ebooks and downloading them.
(scroll down for all information)
Electronic books can be accessed at home and on campus. There are over 188,000 electronic books at your finger tips!
Notes on Using EBSCO eBooks:
1) To search for books type in keywords that describes the material you are searching for such as “capital punishment.”
*If you see that your search resulted few materials, look at the subject tab on the left of the screen to see how the system classifies the subject you are looking for. Scholar/authors may name your topic differently. Also, the search looks at the titles and subject of the books rather than within its pages.
2) You can look and search within the text of the book by clicking PDF Full Text.
3) If you want to download an ebook for offline use, you have to create an account on EBSCO eBooks. Once you have done so, you will check-out the book for 1-2 days. Like above, you are able to search within the text as well.
4) Check User privileges to assess how many pages you are able to print or download from an ebook.
5) Citation tool can help you cite the ebook (double check the formatting as there may be some mistakes by EBSCO).
6) If you try to access EBSCO eBooks through your smartphone, it will not offer you a PDF option or display the Table of Contents. It will require you to log in to your account and download the ebook, which can take up space on your phone’s storage.
Here is an online text tutorial for Checking Out and Downloading EBSCO eBooks